(Effective January 20, 2020)
1. Introduction, Acceptance, Definitions, and Modifications
2. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about the TOU, please contact us at:
3. General Code of Conduct for Use of the Website
In addition to the detailed terms outlined below in the TOU, by visiting and participating in this website you agree that you will:
- Not use the Website in any manner that violates any intellectual property rights;
- Not use the Website in any way that might generate spam, including but not limited to advertising or bulk e-mail. This also includes linking to other spam or phishing websites;
- Not use the Website in any way to generate software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or any malicious or non-malicious computer code, files, or programs that are designed or meant to interfere, damage, or limit the functioning of the site or physical equipment in any form, whether belonging to the Project or a third party. This extends to include any malicious or non-malicious computer code, or software intended to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data, password or other information of the Beyond Opposition Project, or the site users;
- Not: (1) interfere or attempt to interfere with the functioning of the Website or any of the activities activated or used on the Website; (2) evade or bypass measures the Website has established to prevent or restrict user access to any part of the Website or any element thereof; (3) or use any automated or manual software, processes, or devices to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Website;
- Not interfere with any other party’s use, viewing, or participation in the Website;
- Not enact or encourage anything that might constitute a criminal offense;
- Not engage in any way in unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, threatening, or harmful activity against yourself, the Website, or anyone associated with the Website.
- Not do anything that demonstrates an attempt to execute any of the preceding prohibitions;
- Use the Website in full compliance with all laws including local, provincial or state, national, and international laws.
4. Participation on our Website
a. Age Requirements
The Website is not intended for minors. In order to participate in the questionnaire, you affirm that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age or over, or where the age of majority is greater than eighteen (18) years of age, the age of majority in the jurisdiction you reside and from which you access the Website. If you are under the age of 18 or under the age of majority in the area you reside, then you are not permitted to use the Website.
b. Geographic Requirements
The questionnaire is intended for people primarily residing in the UK, Ireland and Canada. In order to complete the questionnaire and express interest in participating in an interview, you affirm that you primarily reside in one of these locations. If you primarily reside outside of these locations, then you are not permitted to complete the questionnaire.
c. Account and Email Information
By submitting Participant Information and Personal Data, you warrant and confirm that the information is accurate and true to the best of your knowledge. Submitting false or deceptive information may result in you being banned from using the Website, at the sole discretion of the Beyond Opposition Project.
5. User Content
We are not responsible, nor do we accept liability for any user content or any content submitted with incorrect or defamatory content. We have no obligation to edit or monitor user content, but reserve the right to exclude, screen, or remove content or users at any time. We will not verify or approve user submitted content and do not verify or approve of content expressed by users on the site. The content and ideas submitted to and expressed on the questionnaire do not represent the Project’s views or values.
6. External Links
7. Termination of access
We may terminate your access to the Website, without notice and without cause, which may result in the forfeiture and erasure of any and all information associated with you on the site, including information you have submitted to the site via questionnaire. All provisions of this Agreement that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
8. Limitation of Liability & Disclaimer of Warranties:
This Website and its components are offered for informational purposes only; this site shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness, or availability of any information transmitted or made available via the Website and shall not be responsible or liable for any error or omissions in that information.
You understand and accept that your use of the Website, the information within and/or any activity arising from your use of the Website or the materials downloaded from the site is at your sole risk.
The Website, any materials downloaded therefrom, or any third party materials accessed through or on the site, are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, and you are and will be solely responsible for any damage to your hardware or loss of data that may result from downloading, streaming or accessing of any material obtained through the use of the site or any other functionalities of the Website, or losses or damages (financial or otherwise) resulting from your use of the Website, the information thereon, any materials downloaded therefrom, or any activity arising from the use of the Website, the information thereon or any materials downloaded therefrom.
To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, the Beyond Opposition Project, on its own behalf and on behalf of its researchers and team members, expressly disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the Project, including all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, and warranties that may arise out of course of dealing, course of performance, usage or trade practice.
Without limitation to the foregoing, the Beyond Opposition Project provides no warranty or undertaking, and makes no representation of any kind that the Website will meet Your requirements, achieve any intended results, be compatible or work with any other software, applications, systems or services, operate without interruption, meet any performance or reliability standards or be error free or that any errors or defects can or will be corrected.
Without limiting the foregoing, neither the Beyond Opposition Project nor any of the Project’s researchers or employees makes any representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied: (i) as to the operation or availability of the Website, or the research, content, and materials included thereon; (ii) that the Website will be uninterrupted or free of errors; (iii) as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any information or content provided through the Website; or (iv) that the Website, its servers, the content, or e-mails sent from or on behalf of the Website or research project are free of viruses, scripts, trojan horses, worms, malware, or other harmful components.
Note: Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or limitations on applicable statutory rights of users. In these cases some or all of the exclusions and limitations stated above may not be applicable to You. In such a case, the exclusions and limitations outlined in this section will be applied to the greatest extent enforceable under the applicable law.
Please note that the information and resources provided through the Website, are expected to be as accurate as possible at the time of writing and/or production. Every effort has been made to check and confirm that the information available on and through the Website is as accurate and up to date as possible. With that said, information may change, and errors or omissions may inadvertently occur. The Beyond Opposition Project and its researchers shall not be responsible for any loss or damage, financial or otherwise, resulting from changes or errors in information, or any omission, on the Website or the information thereon, or your reliance on such information whether the information is correct or not.
9. Disputes Resolution
If You have any concern or dispute about the Website or Project, You agree to first try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting the Beyond Opposition Project.